Monday, December 1, 2008

Next Step - 1/2 or full Marathon?

Today I ran for 13 miles, but not at competition speed. This Spring the 1/2 Marathon was completed at a pace of 9.0 and today's practice run was 9.2. I finally stiffened up at about 11 miles but had no real trouble getting to 13. In two weeks, I want to try to run 15 or 16 miles. My goal is to get to a point so I can commit to a full Marathon or just leave it at 1/2 for February in Austin. I believe that requires me to run 20 miles once. I have never run more than 13 yet.

I think I should sign up for the Austin Marathon pretty soon either way I decide. I rested two full days this time after the five mile race to run a 1/2 Marathon practice. Hopefully I can do another 1/2 Marathon in April like I did this year. That also could turn into a full marathon race for me.

No comments: