Saturday, November 29, 2008

Randy Placed fourth in the Run Through the Woods

I did improve on my time and placement this year. I placed 4th out of 20 contestants in my age group, was the oldest person in the top 11 in my age group and placed 413th overall of 1670 contestants in the 5-mile race. Prizes went to the top three in each age category (darn! just missed).

I did my best. Therefore, a finish in the top 25% of all runners is enough for me. Had I competed in the man's age 35-39 age group, I would have won the 36th spot out of 105. My time was 8:10 per mile . If I had trained exceptionally hard, I would have never made first place in my age group, but might have gained second place. First place ran a very fast 6:56 per mile average. The best pace in the entire race was 4:55 by a Houston runner and second place was 4:56 by a Dallas man. Very close finish! Must have been a fast sprint the entire way! I exceeded my goal of 8:15.

No comments: